PhD THESIS (M/W/D): DEVELOPMENT OF ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE RUBBERS
The Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability LBF in Darmstadt works with industry and research at a national and international level. The research tasks of institute are based on concrete issues in the area of durability, system reliability and active structural systems.
Applications are invited for a PhD studentship in the division of polymer technology at Fraunhofer LBF in Darmstadt. Aim of the project is the development of analytical techniques to characterize industrially relevant high performance elastomers on a molecular level. The project will be conducted in close collaboration with an industrial partner, who is internationally leading in its field.
The position is vacant from June 2019 onwards.
- Master degree in Chemistry , Polymer Science or Polymer Engineering
- Experience in instrumental polymer analysis is advantageous
- Good command of English in speaking and writing
- A high degree of self motivation, personal initiative and communication skills
- Interest to closely work with an industrial partner
- You will join a world renowned team of international experts in the field of polymer characterization
- Strong ties exist to research groups around the globe
- Worldwide unique facilities for the instrumental analysis of polymers are available, with liquid chromatography and spectroscopy being a major research focus
Fraunhofer is Europe´s largest application- oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people´s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researches and developers has a significant impact on people´s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.